Music and Health - Playlist (Belongingness #2)

Previous Post: Belongingness #1
Next Post: Belongingness #3

2.
Title: Aegukga (애국가) - Korean National Anthem
Composer: Ahn Eak-Tai
Performer: Choir
Genre: Choral


As mentioned in the Belongingness Introduction, nationally specific songs serve to enhance one's sense of identity and belonging to that nation (Clarke, Dibben & Pitts, 2010). Being away from home, listening to my country's national anthem is especially personal as it reminds me of the strong bond I have with my home. Additionally, the unity of the performers' voices heightens the sense of togetherness and signifies the strength of our unity with which we overcame the historical hardship, thus inevitably providing me with a sense of pride in our history, traditions and culture.


Comments